12 January 2008

You, too, Bill?


I used to like Bill Clinton... But I was SHOCKED by the Clinton campaign's dirty campaigning in NH. I thought that was something only Republicans did. It was like we were fighting against Karl Rove out there on the streets. I had several people - registered Democrats, I might add - who were sure that Obama was a Muslim terrorist that wanted to "take America down from the inside..." And where did they get this info? Why emails from he Clinton campaign, of course. Dis-GUSTING. Seriously, is this what we want from our President? 4 more years of the same crap we've gotten for the last 8? I can say that I loved Barack before I went to NH and totally supported his policies, but now I am FERVENT that he is the right person. We ran such a CLEAN campaign in the NH election, the ethical nature of the Obama campaign in NH came from the top down. And the campaign itself was run from the ground up. Democracy at its best.

If you think Hillary can change and run a positive campaign, here is, essentially, what Bill said on the Sharpton show yesterday - vote for Hillary, because this is her last chance, but Obama will have other opportunities. I.e. - "don't vote for who you think is the best candidate, just throw the old girl a bone, give her a pity vote, because this young kid has time on his side." Using that logic, we all should have voted for Dole in '96. Pathetic. They know her time is past and her potential was always limited. They're just trying to force her on the American public because the value of the Republican party has never been lower, which is her only chance of ever being elected.

I think we owe it to ourselves and the country we love to choose the RIGHT candidate. I'm not suffering through another mediocre President because she feels the Office is owed to her for some reason...

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Wow, intense, so real, a reality check. Just can't understand why noone talks about "Family Rights"